I eat meat, just like most people. In fact, being an Afrikaner, I probably eat more meat than most. I have absolutely no problem in eating meat. We were made to eat meat and it’s the natural order of things. We were also made to hunt the animals that we eat. Our entire evolution is dictated by our craving for food and our need to outsmart our food.
But something strange happened to some of us during our evolution. Some of us started enjoying killing. The purpose of the kill changed from hunting to sport, from necessity to fun. Thinking about it, I wondered what the similarities were between serial killers and trophy hunters. Could it be that trophy hunters are psychopathic serial killers?
Similarities between Trophy Hunters & Serial Killers:
- Compelled to keep a trophy or souvenir from their victims
- The killing is addictive and leads to more killings
- They seek fame, attention, and notoriety
- The kills are premeditated
- The killing gives a surge of adrenalin (“thrill kill”)
- Stalking the victim gives a feeling of excitement
- Killing becomes a compulsion or addiction
- The killing is seen as a “sport” or “game”
- There’s a down time (“cooling off” period) between killings
- Gives the killer a feeling of power, dominance, and control over their victim
- Many document their kills via photos and/or videos to gratify themselves later – as seen on Facebook by some of these monsters.
Quite compelling, don’t you think? Personally I find trophy hunting disturbing, revolting and completely socially unacceptable, very much like serial killing…